I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by my dear friend and guest blogger Carol. You can view her two guest blogs here and here. She is also the lady behind Little Things:
I am so honored that she nominated me. And that she reads my blog on a regular basis (the highest honor I could ask for). I am also especially honored because she is one of the most artistic and talented ladies I know!!! Thanks!!! I hope I can keep the good stuff coming and live up to this honor.
I had never actually heard about the Liebster Award before this and after a little digging I found it's just a fun way to get newer blogs out there and more connected. What an awesome idea!!!!
So here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer their questions.
3. Nominate new blogs for the award.
4. Ask them 10 new questions.
5. Let the nominees know they've been nominated.
Here are the questions given to me:
1. Why did you start your blog?
Blogging has been a fun and creative outlet for me. I didn't know if I would like it or not, but I was drawn to other's blogs. I don't feel pressure to put out posts, but love to keep a record of my many projects and fun DIY's. This has become a sort of DIY journal for me and I found I LOVE doing it.
2. Favorite food/meal you've ever had?
Oh goodness, there have been so many! I just came back from Costa Rica where all the food is freaking AWESOME!!! I also went to Monterey Bay once on a weekend trip and everything I ate up there was AMAZING! The seafood is so fresh and the seared tuna sticks out in my mind. Yum!!!
But the most memorable thing I've ever eaten is actually guinea pig. I ate a piece when I visited Peru in 2009. I didn't like it at all, but it was definitely memorable.
3. Favorite hobby and/or craft?
Building furniture. I love so much about DIY decor and I enjoy the hunt of the treasure just as much as revamping it. But what I enjoy most is the process of building a piece out of nothing. Or upcycling a piece into something unrecognizably AMAZING!
4. Favorite place/city you would live?
I love to travel, but have only ever lived within the same 100 miles my whole life. I think if I had to choose I would live somewhere tropical. I love warm weather and being near water.
5. Last book you read?
The last several books I have read are not the least bit entertaining. They were for school and much more practical and functional than fun. The last book I recall reading for entertainment was "How to Creat the Perfect Wife" by Wendy Moore. Actually, Carol turned me on to this book. It was quite entertaining, but twisted too. Just perfect for a psychologist in training such as myself!
6. If you had to start a second blog, what would it be about?
It would be about the many adventures of living with an adventurous toddler. Jakey is a pistol and does the funniest stuff ALL the time. For instance, he now refers to himself in third person as batman. And if he's mad at me he shoots webs at me as if he's Spiderman. Life is never boring around here.
7. Do you speak any other languages? If no, any you would be interested in learning?
I don't speak it, but I sign it. I know a bit of sign language and am learning more on a daily basis. I use it alot for work and took a class in undergrad. But I would love to speak some spanish.
8. What blog do you follow the most?
My oh my there's just too many to list. You can see a small list on the right hand side of my blog. I still need to add several blogs to it, but you'll get the gist.
9. What is your dream job?
Blogging. How could it not be? I would just get to make fun things all day long and then write about them. That would be AMAZING!!!
10. What things can't you leave the house without?
My number one accessory is my measuring tape. I keep one in my purse at all times because you never know when you'll happen upon that perfect treasure. I also have a coffee with me in the mornings, because this girl without coffee is not a sight you want to see.
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
A Punk, A Camera, and An Empty Stomach
Handmade by Hannah
Sweet FA by Blake
And here are my questions for you:
1. Drink of choice and why?
2. If you could listen to one song on repeat for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world living or dead who would it be and why?
4. Favorite food?
5. Favorite place to visit?
6. Favorite store to shop (window shopping counts too)?
7. Social media tool of choice (instagram, facebook, twitter, etc.)?
8. Favorite blog?
9. Is there anything that you collect? What is it? And why?
10. What type of pet do you own? How many pets do you have? And what are their names?
Ok, ok so many of my questions are multiple questions in one, but that's ok. It's fun getting to know you.